Faden's Map of Norfolk (1797)

This is an extract of page 23 from Faden's Map of Norfolk first published in 1797. The book containing the map, which has an excellent introduction by J C Barringer, is available from Amazon.

Probably the current day Manor Farm House is shown as "Halvergate Marsh Ho." The absence of Acle "New Road" (1831) and Branch Road (also 1831) is clear. The furthest right "Drain W.Mill" at the top of the extract is probably Stracey mill. Mutton's mill is shown as "Drain W.Mill" just below the house. Interestingly there is no road or track shown to access the house -- access must have been even worse than now!

Extract from Bryant's Map of Norfolk 1797

Man at work revised site under construction